Sunday, May 17, 2009

Chicago Here We Come!!

Ok my sweet friends, we are only a few weeks away from our long awaited Chicago Girls Get Away! We have a few items we need to organize before we go. With a group this size, it is going to be hard to coordinate everyone's plans and specific interests. However if we make a couple plans and options, there should be something for everyone.

Here are few things that have been discussed and we should make some decisions.

1. Dinner Plans and Reservations for Friday and Saturday night

2. Saturday daytime activities and options

3. Everyone should post their travel plans and arrival times so that we can hook up with each other.

Let's use this forum to comment and post info. I think it will be easier than following email trails.

After we get some ideas going, I will repost new info.

Chicago girls... fo you have some dinner recommendations for Friday? My thought was maybe a 7 or 8 pm reservation time so that the Detroit girls will have time to settle in and change, etc.

I am going to check for festivals, etc going on that weekend.

Ok, let's hear from you!

7 comments:

  1. If the weather is good on Saturday I think we should go to the beach for a bit. Maybe do a nice morning walk and then relax at the beach. If it is not beach weather, do some shopping. I will eat any where but I like Amy's suggestion for "Carnivale" it looks like a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you girl. Whatever keeps us together relaxing and laughing works for me. Thanks for doing this Jen... you are sooo crafty. I am soooo excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok girls, my great idea about just commenting here and not following email trails didn't work out so well. I will post the info here too. oh well

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just looked at Carnivale. It looks great for Friday night! I agree w/ Marge. Saturday beach or shopping, low key. Dinner wherever... pizza or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I figured this out!! I'm so excited for the Chicago weekend. I'll go or do anything. I'm just excited to be with you girls. Also, my flight arrives at 8am. Yes, that's AM!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nacional 27 (cuban restaurant turns clubs later)
    Nine- This is a cool place- I went there for my birthday
    Le Passage
    Martini Park

    We could get dinner at nacionale 27 ( I hear the food is great there) then see if we like the night atmosphere if not head over to martini park or somewhere else

    Saturday- beach sounds great! We could go to Howling at the Moon around 5:30 (dualing piano bar) and eat dinner there. Then for late night we could head to the Hang Ups. This bar is on Rush. It is so much fun. It has every song you know the words to. It is definately a late night bar.

    Chicago Pizza Oven Grinder is a great pizza joint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of Kristin's ideas! Nacionale 27 is fun and good! Sat suggestions sound awesome too!! I am going to through it out there to the email crew. Let's just reservations.

    ReplyDelete